For this Recipe, You’ll Need...
Whole black udad (black beluga lentils) 3.5 oz. (100 g)
Water 20 fl. oz. (600ml.)
Cream 2.6 oz. (75 g)
Ghee 1 tbsp.
Onion 1.7 oz. (50 g)
- Whisk entire contents of this packet with 3.5 fl. oz. (100 ml.) water in a bowl to form a smooth mixture.
- In a pressure cooker, cook 3.5 oz. (100 g) whole black udad (black beluga lentils) with above mixture from the bowl and additional 17 fl. oz. (500 ml.) water for 4 whistles. Further cook it on low heat for 35 minutes.
- Allow pressure cooker to cool for 10 minutes then open the cooker.
- In a pan, sauté 1.7 oz. (50 g) roughly chopped onions in 1 tbsp. of desi ghee (clarified butter) until golden brown (3-4 minutes).
- Add this to above mixture in the cooker along with 2.6 oz. (75 g) fresh cream and cook on low heat for 2 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- This Mix contains oil, salt and spices. Add salt to taste.
Sujata Chicken Tikka Masala
A rich and aromatic tomato based gravy preparation with a rustic flavor. Best served with naan or aromatic Basmati rice.
Sujata Egg Curry
This mouth-watering gravy preparation with a hint of mint has a perfect combination of spices.
Sujata Vegetable Biryani
A delectable and aromatic blend, to prepare one of India's finest foods, the 'Biryani'.